Facial Oils: The Best Of

For the past couple of years now there seems to be a craze for facial oils.  I was first introduced to these by a friend that was working for The Sanctuary in Covent Garden.  At the time I remember thinking 'why on earth would I want to add oil to my face, making it even more greasy?!' and couldn't think of anything worse.  Now, however, after doing some research and seeing so many good reviews I want to jump on the bandwagon!

So my quest at the moment is to find the best facial oils.  I've found that these products can be rather pricey (some costing over £100!) but I don't want to spend too much especially as I don't know how my skin will react to it and obviously have a love for drug store items.  Here are a few that have been recommended to me:


This one claims to be good for scars, stretch marks and dehydrated skin.  It also says it is made of natural plant oils and vitamins.  However, whilst doing further research I found that bio oil is also known as pyrolysis oil which is a synthetic fuel currently under investigation as a substitute for petroleum.  Now I don't know about you but I don't fancy putting petrol on my face so I think I will give this one a miss!



This is meant to be one of the best drug stores face oils and I think is a bargain at around the £10 mark.  You know if you're buying from the Body Shop it's going to be good stuff and not made of anything nasty.  Vitamin E is also really good for hydrating the skin and keeping it super soft.


Another drug store favourite is by Boots and part of their botanics range.  This is an organic product so straight away you know it is all natural with no chemicals added.  It's made from rosehip and omega oils.  It's a great price for 25ml.  It claims to soften, condition and restore the skin to its natural glow.


This is probably the main facial oil I have heard about EVERYWHERE at the moment.  So many people have been talking about this product on the internet and it has a lot of rave reviews.  I'm really keen to try this one as argan oil is meant to be great for the hair and skin and it's chemical free too.  However, there doesn't appear to be a lot of stockists of this in the UK so I don't know how easy it will be to get hold of.


This is the one my friend uses and was telling me about a few years ago.  It seems to have 5 star reviews and with my friend being a beauty therapist I trust them all to be true.  I don't think it is a bad price either, especially for a spa product.  It also claims to be a youth boosting favourite!

I will let you know which one I go for!

Lauren xx

Instagram | Twitter | YouTube - check out my drugstore haul video!


Comments

Popular Posts