Food Diary

I thought I would mix things up a little instead of always writing about fashion and make up.  I love being nosey and seeing what other people eat so I thought I would run through a few things that I have been enjoying lately.

Breakfast

I love my almond milk at the moment.  I'm trying to be vegan wherever possible but I'm not dead strict about it because it can be really hard to find vegan alternatives but almond milk is great.  It tastes so much nicer than soya milk which I used to have and it has less calories.  Win!

I like to have a cup of this every morning and then I'll either have some fruit, a bowl of porridge made with the almond milk, peanut butter on toast or a cereal bar if I'm running late!

Lunch

I'll be honest, I'm not a massive fan of lunch.  I don't really like eating at my desk or buying lunch out because I find a lot of the foods are not good for you.  However, I got a blender for Christmas so I have been enjoying making healthy smoothies to take to work and have at lunchtime.  I'll usually just look a recipe up online, buy the ingrediants and I'm good to go.  I always have a bottle of water throughout the day too.

Dinner

Now my cullinary skills are literally shocking.  I caught fire to my pasta last week.  Yeah, I'm that bad.  So I can be quite boring with dinner because I just stick to what I know and what I like and I also am normally running out the door to go to the gym so don't have time to cook a massive meal, plus I'm only cooking for one :)  So sometimes at the beginning of the week I will cook a big pasta bake because this is super easy, really filling and can be healthy if you choose the right ingredients.  This will then last me 4 days so I can just heat the rest up in the microwave super quick when I get in from work.

I also really like cous cous.  In fact I'm pretty much obssessed with the stuff so I like to make myself a bowl of this for dinner sometimes as it's really quick and low fat.  I also like rahman noodles or super noodles which I know are not great for you but good for quickness and okay if you only have them every now and then.

The other thing I like to cook is spaghetti bolagnaise but with quorn mince.  Again I can make a big bowl of this and it will last a few days in the fridge ready to heat up when I want some.

So that's what I enjoy to eat.  Probably pretty boring but I am a simple kind of girl when it comes to food!

Lauren xx

Instagram | Twitter | YouTube - watch my skincare routine here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQkY3mbw_w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUt2bURXIbiN1EG4MPnfNonw

Comments

Popular Posts