May Favourites

It’s that time of the month again, monthly favourites!  This month I’ve been enjoying a whole bunch of random things.  I’m going to try and do a video on it too so look out for that.  I’ve been a bit rubbish with posting videos recently as I’ve had so much studying to do, sorry about that.  I will be back on form once the exam is out the way (9 June!)

Anyway, back to May favourites…


The foundation I’ve been loving this month is the Benefit Oxygen Wow foundation in ‘Honey you’re so money’.  I’ve only got a small bottle of this as I got it in the ‘How to be the best at everything’ kit but I think I will definitely purchase the large bottle.  It’s quite dewy which is good for my dry skin but not so much that it leaves you oily.  It’s the perfect shade for me too as I often fake tan.


I recently bought this highlighter pen as I heard it was a dupe for the Mac prep and prime pens.  I think I actually showed it in my last haul video here.  I don’t think it’s quite as good as the Mac one as it doesn’t seem as thick so I’m not sure I would use it to conceal but as a highlighter it’s great.  I’ve been using it for nights out in the usual highlighting places and it looks fab.


I feel like I mention these in every favourites post but that’s how much I love them.  My favourite colour is the on and on bronze because it’s so versatile and brown is my favourite eyeshadow colour.  You can wear it on its own or as a base and build a really nice smokey eye with it.  I think the reason I love these so much is because I quite often go out straight from work and I can shove these in my make-up because they’re so small, quickly blend it over my lid and I’m ready for a night out.


I’ve really fallen back in love with my Naked palette this month.  I’ve really been working the champagne shimmery colours a lot because I think they’re so pretty for this time of the year and the Naked palette has the perfect shades.  I think this will always been my favourite palette but I am on the look out for a new one so if you know of any goodens please comment below!


Now that I’ve had my extensions taken out and my hair is a lot shorter, I knew I wouldn’t be able to style my hair exactly the same and I was a bit worried I would no longer be able to use my beloved Remington Pearl wand.  I have the conical wand too but that gives tighter curls and I prefer a looser beachy wave.  However, I got it out the other week and I’m pleased to report it still does a good job.  I’m now really enjoying my shorter hair and finding different ways of styling it.  I think I will do a new hair video soon so keep a look out for that.

Look created using above products


I’m pretty sure I’ve spoken out this toner before but it is really very good.  I think the reason I like it so much is because it’s in a spray bottle so there’s no messing around with cotton buds and spreading germs around your face, you just spray it on and leave it a few minutes to dry before applying oil or moisturiser.  Easy peasy.



A non beauty favourite I’ve been loving this month is my gorgeous necklace from New Look.  I actually bought it last summer but I've dug it back out for 2014 because it's just so pretty.  Probably my favourite necklace of all time so far and I think it was less than a tenner!  New Look do some great bits of jewellery for a such reasonable prices.  I'm definitely going to go in there after payday and stock up as I find you have to be quick. 





So you know how I'm on this major health kick at the moment (two weeks till Ibiza!) I've been absolutely loving the blender my mum got me for Christmas.  I didn't even use it for the first few months but now I use it about 3 or 4 times a week.  I've been trying out different recipes, some yummy, some not as much but all really healthy and I have it for breakfast.  As the name suggests, it is actually really easy to use and clean.




Lauren xx

Instagram | Twitter | YouTube - check out my everyday makeup tutorial here!


Comments

Popular Posts