Wear | Life | Eats: Mum's 50th Birthday!

This past week saw my mum turn the Big 5-0!  So for a special edition of WLE I thought I'd share with you what we did to make her birthday extra special.

My sister and I started planning something about 2 months in advance and we were stuck between a spa day and afternoon tea.  We decided to go with the spa day as we thought it would last a bit longer than afternoon tea and we wasn't really sure if my mum would like afternoon tea as she's not really a tea and cake kinda person.  However, when we called our chosen spa (Rowhill Grange) it was fully booked until the end of July!  We've been to this spa before which is why we had chosen it but anyway it was back to the drawing board.

I then looked into having lunch somewhere nice in London which is when I came across the celebration package at the OXO Tower.  The package included food, a cocktail, a glass of wine/beer/soft drink, a photo and cake.




I am so glad we decided to go with this because it made it such a special day for my mum and she really enjoyed herself.  It was a nice summer's day and so we had a table outside overlooking the whole of London.  The view was amazing as was the food and drink. They took a photo of us and came back at the end with the photo inside a birthday card for my mum to keep.  They also gave her ice cream with a candle on top and a birthday message on the placard.




It really couldn't have been any better and the staff were awesome too!




I told them that I was vegetarian and they brought me a vegetarian platter along with chips and a perinaise dip which was so yummy.  My mum and sister had squid and mini burgers.  They also gave us bowls of olives, almonds and spicy nuts to start.  My mum and I had Presecco cocktails and my sister had a virgin cocktail as she was driving which was a spiced apple cooler.




I would highly recommend this celebration package if anyone has a special occasion they are looking for ideas of something to do.  For more details check out their website: http://www.harveynichols.com/news/2014/02/28/celebrate/?restaurant=the-oxo-tower




Lauren xx

Instagram | Twitter | YouTube - see my Ibiza vlog here!

Comments

Popular Posts