Wear | Life | Eats

Wear

Lately the weather has been real hit and miss, which is most of the time for London, but it's been rather extreme.  We've had scorching hot days and down right miserable rainy days.  Now that we are in June and hopefully entering the summer season I'm hoping for a lot more sunny days.  Until then, however, to get me through the 'in between' weather I have dug out my trusty leather jacket and have been throwing that on with almost every outfit.  The thing I love about leather jackets is that they go with literally anything.  You can wear it casual like I have below, with jeans and a t-shirt or you can take it with you on a night out to put on over a pretty dress or playsuit.  If the weather is a bit chillier then I can either wrap a scarf around it or wear a hoody underneath and layer it.  It's so versatile!  I got mine from Miss Selfridge and I love the zip detailing.




Life

I feel like a broken record here but I am studying YET AGAIN.  I'm hoping this will be the last of my exams now as it's the final one so as long as I pass I FINALLY get to graduate!   Without boring you too much, the exam is on contract law and part of the Chartered Legal Executive (CILEx) qualification.  When I left school after my A-Levels I had no idea what I wanted to do and really couldn't be bothered with any more studying so didn't really consider uni too much.  A couple of years later, however, I decided to enroll in this course at my local college which my firm has funded and it's great because it's a hell of a lot more cheaper than doing a law degree, you can work and study part-time and you can still train to be a lawyer at the end of it.  For more info visit: http://www.cilex.org.uk/

Eats

Now I'm definitely going to sound like a broken record here... 'Lauren's Health Kick' haha. So part of my health kick has been cooking the amazing courgetti.  This is basically spaghetti made out of courgettes.  Some also call it zoodles (zucchini noodles).  I make mine with a Julienne peeler which I bought for 99p on eBayer.  Then you just use it as you would a potatoe peeler or any other kind of peeler until all the courgette has turned into little spirally spaghetti-like pieces.  I then throw mine into a wok or frying pan with a little Fry Lite and then serve with vegetables, quorn, tofu or meat/fish if you wanted and then add a sauce.  It honestly tastes just like pasta.  Here is the pesto and tofu one I made below.  Yum!




Lauren xx

Instagram | Twitter | YouTube - check out my May favourites video here!

Comments

Popular Posts