How To Be Successful: Staying Motivated and Positive



A slightly different post today from the usual beauty babble.  I’m not even sure where I’m going with this or what I want to title it but I have a job interview today for a job that will hopefully really take my career off and into the right direction.  And it just got me thinking that it’s so important to keep pushing yourself, stay motivated and positive and hold onto the hope that you can achieve your dreams if you just believe and don’t give up.

I was never really that clever at school, maybe slightly above average and I certainly didn’t know what I wanted to do when I left.  So I left school at 18 with a couple of A-Levels and went straight into full time work.  But some how I have managed to achieve a lot at quite a young age because I worked hard and was determined to be successful and sometimes I think that is more important than any qualification.

So what I’m trying to say is don’t give up on your dreams.  Ever.  Don’t think that just because you’re not that clever, or you don’t have enough money to afford a good education that you can’t make something of yourself because you can.  I promise you.  You have to believe in yourself, even if no-one else does because eventually they will as it will start to show through your attitude and outlook you have.

I’m really into philosophy and sometimes I’ll have a little read when I’m feeling low or de-motivated just to give me the lift that I need to stay on track.  Here are a few of my favourite quotes:

If your dreams don’t scare you they’re not big enough

Don’t settle.  Don’t finish crappy books.  If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant.  If you’re not on the right path, get off it.

Remember why you started.

You only live once.  (cheesy but true!)

I’m going to succeed because I’m crazy enough to think I can.

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.

Always believe something amazing is about to happen.

Everything happens for a reason.

Lauren xx


Instagram | Twitter | YouTube – check out my Ibiza vlog!

Comments

Popular Posts