The Capsule Wardrobe: Wardrobe Staples

I believe there are some things that every girl should have in her wardrobe; the essentials that just go with everything and are timeless classics.

For me they are:

Jeans

A good pair of denim jeans is an absolute must.  My go-to pair would probably be black skinnies but whatever style, colour, fit suits you best jeans are going to go with any outfit, you can dress them up and down and they will ALWAYS be in season.




Basic t-shirts

Plain white, plain grey, plain black, loose fit.  A basic t-shirt is essential because you can add it to any bottom half piece whether it's basic jeans for an everyday casual look or a jazzy skirt for a night out. You can also throw them under blazers and jackets for a perfect match.

Chunky jumper

If you live in a colder climate like me then these will see you right through winter.  Super comfortable and look great with leggings and jeans.  I also like to wear a shirt undermine or a pretty scarf.

White shirt

I LOVE a crisp white shirt, always have.  I've also always worked in an office so I think it looks so professional but also chic at the same time which can sometimes be hard to achieve when working in the office.  They look great with jeans and under baggy jumpers.




Little black dress

An LBD is a life saver for impromptu nights out or when you're invited to an event and you're not sure on the dress code.  I actually never had an LBD for ages because I was always about colour but now I have quite a few and they're all different styles because it's always good to have choices!




Leather

Jacket, pants, skirt; leather has become a wardrobe staple over the last few years.  I'm quite a rock chick myself so I love wearing leather to toughen up a look as I feel it brings a bit of my personality to it.




Blazer

I wouldn't really say this is an 'essential' but I have so many in my wardrobe I felt I had to include it. They're really good for spring time to throw over an outfit without spoiling it like a big coat would.  I also wear them to the office a lot over dresses so I don't look to 'officey' but still smart.




Wedges

A pair of wedges are great for spring and summer.  You can wear them on nights out or during the day as they're not as dressy as a pair of heels.  They still give you height but are super comfortable.

Black boots

And the opposite of wedges and perfect for autumn/winter would be a pair of black boots.  My favourite would be ankle boots but long boots are great too.  I have so many pairs and they just go perfectly with any outfit whether it's jeans or a dress.

I also did a Wardrobe Capsule video showing my favourite pieces here or check out my instagram (@wonky_lauren) for more inspiration!

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts