Friday Favourites

Friday AND Payday.  The best day of the month if you ask me.  Here's what I've been loving this past fortnight..

Poached Eggs

I think I mentioned scrambled eggs a few Fridays ago but now I've moved onto poached eggs.  To be honest, any variety of an egg is good with me but I'll be honest, I'd never cooked poached eggs before!  So I gave it a little go the other week and now I'm hooked. It's my go-to post workout meal at the moment.



Galaxy's Salted Caramel

I discovered this in Tesco shortly after Easter and felt a little guilty purchasing it after devouring so many chocolate eggs but I just couldn't resist!  Salted caramel is my favourite and I wasn't really expecting it to taste much different to the regular caramel one they have but oh my it's a lot richer, I couldn't even finish the whole bar (and yes normally I can ;)).

Shay Mitchell

I mentioned in a previous post that I'd been loving Pretty Little Liars but I wasn't too fussed about the girls and their style, it was more the storyline that had me hooked. Then I stumbled across Shay Mitchell on instagram and she's officially my new girl crush.  The style, the hair, the sunglasses collection.  She's got it all.




Following on from Shay Mitchell is this brand of sunglasses that she has a collection with. At first I didn't bother to look them up as I thought they'd be another over priced brand that I couldn't justify but then I gave in and was surprised to see that most of their range is around $50 (Australian dollars) which is about £25 but they look so much more!  I definitely think I'll be purchasing a pair for summer.  I kinda want some clear ones.

Gone Girl

I know I'm waaaay too late to the party here but I just started reading the book as I really want to see the film but won't until I've read the book first!  I'm about a third of the way in and it's just starting to get good.  I kinda of found that it dragged a bit in the beginning?  Apparently the film isn't as good as the book which is generally the case but I'm excited to see it anyway.



Made in Chelsea

It's back!  Which timed in quite nicely with Taking New York finishing.  I'm not sure what I make of it yet as I've only seen one episode.  There's a lot of new faces.  I'm not too keen in Spencer's girlfriend, she's not a girl's girl at all.  I must admit I follow her on Insta though bcos her body is amazeballs!  I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series shapes up.

The V&A

I visited the Victoria and Albert Museum the other week (post here) for the first time and can't believe I've never been here before.  It's such a beautiful museum.  I saw the Alexander McQueen exhibition which you can check out more in my other post.  I love the huge shop they have which just has everything in it and not like your usual boring museum shop full of postcards and the like.  But what I liked most was the grounds outside.  It's so pretty and I'm so jealous of my friend who works there and gets to spend her lunchbreaks sitting outside.  You should definitely check this museum out if you're looking for something to do in London.



Drinking More Water

I've always been guilty of not drinking enough water but to be honest I think most of us are?  I used to always take a little bottle with me to work but recently I've been taking a larger bottle and now drinking twice as much as I was.  I was starting to get headaches and I think it was the lack of water. It's so important for our bodies to keep hydrated, especially with the warmer weather coming.  Okay, lecture over.

Cats

No, not the musical although I do love that too.  I've got my mum's cats staying with me at the moment and they are so cute.  They crave attention but sometimes it's nice bcos they want to cuddle up with you and be petted.  They've been sleeping on the end of my bed.  Okay, now I sound like the crazy cat woman haha.  I do love them though but bunnies are less hassle!




Make-up

Check out my last post (here) to see my current make-up favourites!

Have a good weekend.

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts