Make-up Favourites

I went a bit make-up crazy about 4-5 months ago and splurged on lots of new products so after having a good few months of using them I thought I'd give you the lowdown on my faves.




Primer

I think I'm yet to find a really good primer that I like.  I've tried the Benefit Porefessional but I can't say I noticed a huge difference.  I'm currently using Arbonne's primer but it sometimes makes my skin a bit oily.  I'm keen to try one of the Smashbox primers as I've heard good stuff about them.  At the moment I just skip primer and use a moisturiser instead, is that really bad?

Brushes/Sponges

I really like the Real Techniques brand and have a lot of their products.  They're affordable but work really well.  I've also recently tried Zoeva for some of the small eye brushes and they're good too.  I'd like to try Sigma but they're quite hard to get hold of in the UK.

Foundation

Ahh this is a really hard one.  I'm always swapping it up and going through different 'favourites' but if I had to pick right now it would be a toss up between Covergirl 3in1 and EX1.  They're both super affordable and I really like the finish of them.  For me it's not so important to get full coverage but rather to have a flawless finish and that's what you get expect from these foundations.

Concealer

Mac prolong wear.  It's my ride or die and I'm not sure I'll ever find one as good as this. Unlike my foundations I like my concealers to be full coverage as I get quite bad dark circles that I need covering.  If I had to pick a best drugstore concealer I would say Collection Lasting Perfection.

Bronzer

Over Christmas I managed to get hold of the holiday collection laguna by Nars.  This is probably my favourite product that I purchased because not only did it come in a super cute compact with a large mirror but it also has a mini ita brush inside.  Winning!

Blush

I've never been a massive fan of blushers.  I'll wear one but I don't get overly excited by them.  I recently purchased gingerly by Mac which is a really nice rusty sort of colour. Great for winter but I want to get more of a coral colour for summer now.  Any recommendations?

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts