Hair Care

I've always been really anal when it comes to my hair.  I don't like using too much heat on it and always use a good mask once a week.  Having said that, I've probably put it through the mill too with having lots of different colours over the years and getting bonded extensions done twice.  However, I don't think my hair is in too bad a condition and seems to have grown so much this past year so I wanted to share my current hair care routine, favourite products and tips.

Background

My natural hair colour is a medium to dark brown.  My hair doesn't get too greasy so I normally wash it every 3 days as I think it's good for your hair's natural oils to be replenished which helps the hair stay healthy.  I actually only get it cut twice a year.  I'm trying to grow it at the moment and I think this has helped although I do notice it getting a bit scraggy at the ends in the last 5-6 months before the cut.  At the moment I have a few caramel highlights pulled through it to lighten it up for summer.




Routine


As I said I wash my hair every 3 days and when I do I will just go in with a shampoo and conditioner and then once a week use a conditioning mask.  I find this keeps my hair really soft and silky.  In the summer I let my hair dry naturally as I really hate using heat on my hair as I find this the worse for damaging it.  In the winter I have to use a hair dryer because it's just too cold in London to go around with wet hair!  If I'm going somewhere special which is maybe twice a month I will clip in extensions and curl my hair.  I also like to use an oil on it after it's dry and salt spray when I curl it for added volume and that beachy look.


Favourite Products


My favourite brand for hair care has to be L'Oreal.  Whether it's their professional products or just what they sell in the drugstore they always work for me.  At the moment I'm using their Fibrology Thickening Shampoo and the Extraordinary Oils Conditioner from their Elvive collection.  I then like to use the Extraordinary Oil to run through my hair after I've dried it, especially if I've used heat.  When curling my hair I always use my trusty Remington Pearl curling wand (similar here) which I've had a few years now and absolutely love.  It always give me the perfect loose curls.  I then go in with the L'Oreal Studio Line Volume Spray which is another great product from them and acts like a salt spray.  If I want to backcomb my hair which I try not to do as it's not great but I will use the Batiste dry hair shampoo as that works really well on the roots.  Then to finish it all off I use the No1 bestselling hair spray... L'Oreal Elnett!




Tips


1.  Try to avoid heated tools where you can and if you have to use them, use a protectant first.

2.  Use a conditioning mask once a week.
3.  Try to avoid overbleaching and just get your roots done instead of the whole head.
4.  Don't wash it every day, this strips it of natural oils.
5.  Have a good cut at least twice a year.

Lauren xx

Comments

Popular Posts